Book Review: The three mistakes of my life


Welcome to my first ever book review, The three mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat(Rupa).

The characters are brilliant and very much alive. The book brings back the old appeal of 'Five point someone'. One book designed to leave all nerds and geeks feeling better. The build up to the climax is brilliant. The story weaves and blends in real facts convincingly.

In trademark Chetan Bhagat style, the climax is a bit tough to digest, but isn't that why we love Chetan Bhagat?? However, I felt that the climax was a big let down. It almost spoiled the fun of reading an otherwise brilliant book. If only Mr. Bhagat would conjure up some more earthly endings.........

But I guess it's all a justified part of Mr. Bhagat's objective of making India read. And well, to be India's most popular author, rather than the most admired one.

You doubt?? Go and watch a Sunny Deol movie.

3 comments:

TKP said...

I also agree dude..I have a feeling that he has satrted keeping in mind that films will be made on his books.... nd that is why so filmy twists and ending!!

Mahul Bhattacharya said...

Yeah, it's all very good for the India that did not read, but for the India that was used to reading, it's disappointing.

Husac said...

well...you have some good articles.
maybe you would like to publish something on my website www.wisead.net

cheers!